Thursday, December 22, 2011

"please be human to me."

life's really scary some days. in fact, it's terrifying.

it's not its uncertainty that's scary; it's not even its length. it's the thought that so little divides what is from what might have been. that's the thought that keeps me awake sometimes--trying to sort out the might-have-beens. it's so easy to imagine what little things in your past could have changed your life as it is today. and it's so frightening to realize that what you are doing right now, if only you'd done it slightly different; a moment earlier or later, or just a little differently, then your life could have been entirely different.

it's funny, how life happens sometimes. and scary, because I could lose you just as unexpectedly as I found you.
(this one's from my boyfriend)

No comments:

Post a Comment